So I've had to put my expedition on hold and now, 4 days later, I'm still sniffing, coughing, hacking, blowing ... not a pretty sight, and the very kind people who have offered me places to stay would not be endeared, to say the least.
Felt there was a slight chance that I might travel tomorrow, but now my partner is coming down with "it" and so I think it would be mean to leave him with all the chores, just as my own energy is returning.
Home I stay and trying to let go of the urgency that I have been feeling about getting new donkeys here by mid-October. That is before it starts raining and I'd like to have everybody a bit settled while it's still dry and they have more room.
My donkeys seek shelter during the rain and the barn can be a bit confining if they don't feel comfortable. Not that I'm anticipating any problems!
I'll just have to hang out here and make a break for it, if and when I can. G is going away next week for 5 days, so that brings me to Sept. 17th before I could leave but then there's my Friday college course .. oh dear, this is getting complicated!
I realize my blog postings have been sporadic and rather dull, with just text and no pics, so maybe today I'll go and shoot the donkeys (ha!) so I can post some images.
In the meantime, here's a harvest photo: