I've got this super little stock trailer - 35 years old but new to me last year. It's even got brand new light truck tires!
All four donkeys load easily, (thanks to clicker training!)
I've got plans to take a donkey here and there on the island - there are walking trails and there are options to visit the school and join the seniors Tuesday walking ventures. My ambitions of donkey-assisted activities might be able to be met without having to trailer off the island!
I took it out for a spin today - empty. The roads here are buuuummmpy! I lack trailering experience, although I'm a careful driver. I have a million worries:
- will the donkey be okay inside or too anxious?
- what about the donkeys left at home, will they be okay?
- what if I get a flat or, or, or ...
- which donkey should I take?
- will I be able to back up or will I get into a hopeless pretzel with hundreds of people watching?
Silly stuff! I took Dorica to the Fall Fair last summer and she did fine! So did the ones left at home!
I think I just have Spring jitters combined with newbie blues.
I read somewhere that to gain confidence, one could make the truck and trailer the primary vehicle for a few weeks - that sounds like a good idea! I will!