Welcome to my blog - a diary about living with donkeys, notes about care, my training sessions and the absolute pleasure of donkey companionship.


Leave a comment! Just click on Comments at the bottom of each post and a box will appear. If you have a question, I always respond!


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More Trials on Colour Discriminiation

It's so important to practice often - short sessions - and repeat the behaviours using the same cues,
Consistency is key in animal training.

So yesterday, after my thrilling and surprising results with teaching Dorica the difference between red and blue, I set up the training session again to see what she had retained overnight.  LOL!  I guess I had moved her along too quickly the day before - she was a tad confused!

No problem though and to be expected, so back up, back up and start again, rebuilding the behaviour by successive approximations - aka baby steps!

I did two sessions with her yesterday and by the end of the second one, she was getting it again.
Still haven't had time to set up the video but soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment