Welcome to my blog - a diary about living with donkeys, notes about care, my training sessions and the absolute pleasure of donkey companionship.


Leave a comment! Just click on Comments at the bottom of each post and a box will appear. If you have a question, I always respond!


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New On-line Course in positive reinforcement training

The Nova Scotia College of Agriculture has developed an on-line course in Positive Reinforcement Operant Conditioning that will be launched in a few months - possible early next year.

I have just been accepted to be a beta tester (a person who works through the course and offers commentary to help improve it before it is launched.)  This is very exciting and I am looking forward to joining others for the intensive course work, lasting for 5 weeks and beginning at the end of this month.

The content and comments have to be kept confidential for now, so I won't be able to update this blog as I go, but I'm sure I will learn so much.  What I can say is that I have to choose 1 animal to work with throughout the sessions and I have chosen Siog as she is the easiest  to separate from the trio without stressing Deenah.

And I know I will improve at taking video as that is a requirement also.  We are expected to complete about 60 hours of course work!

No comments:

Post a Comment