Welcome to my blog - a diary about living with donkeys, notes about care, my training sessions and the absolute pleasure of donkey companionship.


Leave a comment! Just click on Comments at the bottom of each post and a box will appear. If you have a question, I always respond!


Friday, October 29, 2010

Things I'll miss ...

Ringo will be moving in a few days.  It's so difficult emotionally even though I know it's best.  He'll have a whole new chance and hopefully get to learn new things and do some fun stuff like packing and playing with grandchildren!

But how I will miss his deep "basso profundo" braying - the whole neighbourhood will notice the silence!
Maybe the jennys will fill in, but his deep loud voice is truly unique.

I will miss seeing him pick up his favorite toy- a hose from a shop vac - and twirl it around.  I will miss seeing him gallop up to me to get his hay when I feed out in the field.

I'll miss his soft muzzle placed gently under the palm of my hand.  Oh dear ... I guess I could easily make a list of things I WON'T miss too!

Next week, I will pick up a new jennet named Siog (She-Oh-g)  which means young fairy in Gaelic!

Here's a sneak preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment